Friday, June 22, 2007

Inspiration Required...

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam" or
"I have a catapult. Give me all the money or I will fling an enormous rock at your head"

Ok so here's the deal. I have decided to get a wee latin phrase tattooed about my person. Now there's a fair chance that it will not be the one above...but it did make me chuckle when I read it and can you imagine how amusing it would be when someone asks what it means, fully expecting me to say something profound and me saying that instead?

At this early stage in proceedings I have no idea what I fancy getting...all I know is that it is going on my lower back alongside a design I already have there. I've been having a wee look about for something..."Deus Meus! Securis in capite meo est" or "My God! I have an axe in my head"...mmmm tempted but perhaps that's not the one!

I'm thinking smething which reflects me and who I am..."Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis" sounds alright in Latin and "You do not know the power of the dark side" would be worth a giggle!

Ok so something which reflects me and who I am, something which reflects my life and my values maybe? Yeah that sounds deep and meaningful but then "quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur" or "anything said in latin sounds profound"!

Seriously though, people I am seeking your advice on this one. If you can think of one then stick it here on the comments for us all to see. There's no pressure...but I feel it's only fair I tell you that the winning phrase so far is...

"Ego mos adepto vos meus pulchellus , vos quod vestri parum canis quoque"

You figure it out!! Course I may need to get a witch tattoo to go beside that phrase!

Jenny xx

No comments: