Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Start Digging Out...

those Wizard Of Oz and Disney character outfits I asked you all to wear at my funeral.

I am sure my end is near.

Ok maybe I'm being slightly dramatic but right now my body feels like it's ready to give up the ghost. My head feels like it has the entire cast of starlight express rolling about in it, my nose is running like the proverbial burn...I am seriously considering stuffing tissue up each nostril to stop the downpour, my bones are aching like those of an arthritic 90 year old, my chest feels like it has an elephant on top of it and I have a pathetic tight cough which won't yet let me bring up the gunk that I know is stored around my lungs and airways and every time I cough I feel an overwhelming urge to boak and my eyes fill with water.

Wierdly though my temperature is high, my hands and feet are bloody freezing...that of course is the joy of having a thyroid that is fucked...extremities remain freezing to the point of numb even when the rest of you is sweating!

To top it all off I have not yet managed to rid myself of the sickness bug which came on a few weeks ago and I still have a case of Johnny Cash' s ring of fire...it's really not pleasant. On the plus side though everything I eat tastes like cardboard and makes a fast exit out the other side so I have lost a few pounds...it's an extreme form of dieting though.

I am heading back to bed with a book and a cup of tea and I'm not coming out of it until tomorrow morning when come rain, hail, shine or illness I will be at the garage to pick up my new car.

Jenny xx

ps...I've just re-read this before I hit publish...all I can say is thank god I'm in a relationship...if I was single I could be in trouble...I sound really attractive eh?? Och well none of us are at our best when we're ill!

1 comment:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Hiya...hope you're feeling better...

Any more word from Lena? Where the hell is she these days? Not a posting in the two weeks that I've been away...