Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Changing Rooms...

My house is currently like a bombsite. Unfit for human habitation and certainly unfit for any visitors to see. I'd be in deep trouble if a long distnace relative appeared on my doorstep!

The reason for this isn't because I'm a minging cow who has't cleaned...it's because we're decorating.

Currently as I write I am in the kitchen. Alongside me are two bin bags full of old clothes, a pile of mail to either be discarded or filed away, 2 mirrors, shelves, nick knacks for the downstairs loo, a matress, pictures, pots of paint, rollers, trays and brushes. Luckily my kitchen is fairly big so there's still room for me!

We decided to re-decorate 5 year old's bedroom...I use that term loosely, why do builders assume that a room 8ft by 6.5 foot is any use to anyone?? Anyway I bought the paint, white and blue seeing as he's a boy and joyously showed my choices to 5 year old who instantly declared "I don't want blue, I want Maroon" before throwing himself to the ground in a complete hissy fit. My son, like the rest of my household is a massive Hearts fan, hence the desire for the Maroon paint of his favourite Fottball team! I still reckoned on the blue but was out voted when 5 year old called in his Dad who instantly agreed that Maroon was indeed a good choice.

So the room is now freshly painted in White and Maroon. Of course it didn't stop there. Oh no. The painting was followed by new flooring, a new bed (in the process of being built as I write this) and a new wardrobe, currently sitting in the downstairs hallway!

In addition to 5 year old's room, the downstairs loo and kitchen are about to receive the same treatment. I must be mad. Every good housewife will tell you though that Santa likes a nice house to visit! We do we always feel the need to decorate "for christmas"???

Anyway I'm off now to help with the flat pack building, we all know men can't so it alone!

Jenny xx

3 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Personally, I think maroon is a gay colour...but then maybe it's cos I'm a Rangers supporter... :-) (whew, thank heavens for being 14,000 miles away)...

jenny said...

Steven...I am saddened to hear such news. Good thing indeed you are so far away...I can't picture you in the ranks of the Glasgow Rangers faithful with your bottle of Buckfast, Burberry Clothes and sovereign rings!!! I'll stop teasing now...my Father would be very disappointed in me. Alas he was of the same football orientation as yourself!! ;)

Divemaster GranDad said...

Then your dad was an even greater man than you portray him to have been. I wish I'd met him...even if only to have laughed at the Hearts team together... ;-)