Saturday, January 21, 2006

To My Wheelie Bin Mate...

This will mean nothing if you are not my wheelie bin mate so apologies!

I know you pop on here from time to time.

I'm glad we've put it all behind us and I'm glad we will once more be in a position to make the wheelie bins (and other unmentionable items in the street for that matter) tremble with fear when we come past!

Here's to many more years of drunken stupidity and following day conversations that include the line "I can't believe I did that!"

Your a royal pain in the ass at times and I'm a right cow when it suits me but we've shared so much over the years including wheelie bin walking, baring our body parts, scareing our other friends into staining their good rugs with red wine, driving honda's...well obviously you can drive them and I can't cause they've got gears!, finding the true use for a buggy, farting on street corners, throwing snowballs at windows, jumping on my bed while my better half is in it naked, going to parties we weren't invited to and asking the host for our taxi fare...even if it was only my Dad, harrassing taxi drivers into coming for cheese on toast, putting our feet through roofs, spider hunting, covering our neighbours in cream and water...this list could get out of hand! Anyway I want you to know that you're worth fighting for...even if it has become clear from writing this that we are just a couple of half wits and that you obviously lead me astray!

I love you lots.

Jenny xx

3 comments:

jenny said...

OMG Lee!! I have tears running down my face at you! You crack me up! A wheelie bin is...well a bin with wheels!! The sort we stick our rubbish (Garbage, trash, whatever!)in. A bin with wheels, therefore a wheelie bin!!

Divemaster GranDad said...

Had to laugh at Lee's comment too. Sometimes, well in my Scotland days anyway, they were known as "buckets", but I think that's before they came out with the wheelie version.

I think it's time we brought out a "Scottishpaedia" that'll enlighten the world as to our whacky ways and language...

jenny said...

Ain't it funny being Scottish sometimes? Your comment about buckets was wierd as this morning we all had to put our wheelie bins out becasue it's bucket day! That would be the day the bucket man comes!! Language is a wonderful thing!