Monday, January 16, 2006

Work In Progress...

So I bought nice new bedding on my trip to NYC. Then I wondered what the hell is the point inputting it on a bed in a room in need of an overhaul?

So I've decided to re-decorate the room before unveiling my new bedding. First stop was a bed shop. Having slept in the comfort of the one in NY and realising you spend 1/3 of your life asleep I decided we were getting a nice new one. My last bed cost me £99 in the sale so I figured it wouldn't be too much more for a nice new one given the January sales are in full swing. How wrong was I? It was more like £800! Still we got a bit carried away and went for super king size with a fancy mattress that's got body moulded foam and temperature sensors...no fucking need really but you kind of get carried away! Anyway by means of an excuse Geoff has a dodgy back so feels he needs a decent bed! It cracks me up when your buying a bed...all that lying down and bouncing about. The salesman giving it "try this one out...feel free to do what you would normally do in bed to see how it feels for you"...so yes you can re-enact the tossing and turning you do during the night but how do you re-enact your sex life in a shop??? "Right Geoff I'll get on my knees and you get in behind me and we'll jiggle a bit to see if we like this one!!" I think not but how great would it be if someone did it???

Of course along with the bed came new furniture. You can't have a lovely bed and old furniture can you? So one trip to Ikea later and we're sorted. A new carpet was next and we're almost there.

Geoff is in the process of preping the walls for the new paint and redesigning the inside of the built in wardrobe so I can actually fit my clothes into it...well not so much my clothes as my shoes. He tried to shame me last night by leaving piles of my footwear out in view for me to see but it only made me realise I don't own a decent pair of black boots or a pair of sparkly silver heels which quite frankly is shocking.

I also treated myself to a nice canvas of NYC to hang above my bed and next in line is a nice new tv for the bedroom to give it that final touch! I can feel my January blues easing away...funny how spending money can be good therapy eh? I'll leave him to crack on with the work while I potter about here...or maybe I'll head to the shops. The sales are still on and you never know when you'll need good black boots or sparkly silver heels!!

Jenny xx

1 comment:

jenny said...

How bout I keep the old bed in the loft and drag it down for you to sleep in when you get to Bonnie Scotland!! Oh actually that won't work cos I've already told Rosco he's putting you up!!