Saturday, October 14, 2006

Congratulations...

We found out yesterday that our long time family friends May and Bill are going to be grandparents! Their daughter Angie and her Hubby Ian have announced that she's 3 months pregnant following IVF treatment.

It's nice news as I know they'd been trying for some time before turning to IVF and after having one unsucessful attempt already they must have been nervous waiting for the results of this one.

May and Bill have been like part of the family for over 20 years. They lived in the house next door to us when we were growing up but the connection goes further back than that...May used to push my Mum round in her pram when she was a bairn as they grew up a few doors from each other and Bill worked with my Gran on the buses many moons ago. Angie is their only child but they've got lots of knowledge of what being a grandparent is all about having had my kids and Gill's around. I'm a bit gutted actually cause May and Bill have been fantastic babysitters for me for many a year now, I reckon I might need to come second in line for that now!

I saw May today and she's so excited. She thought this might never happen following her triple bypass last year and her being very near 70 now! She and Bill will make good grandparents I'm sure. Congratulations to all of them.

Jenny xx

No comments: