Monday, September 18, 2006

Banishing The Boredom...

So since August 28th I have been literally housebound. That's 22 days of being indoors, with the small exception of a trip to my sisters last Sunday and my trip to Murrayfield on Thursday night.

There's only so much a girl can do before she starts going stir crazy in her own house. I've watched films, documentaries, read books, spring cleaned the house (yeah I know it ain't spring!) and even resorted to filling the Sky + with any old crap just to give me something to watch which isn't The Jeremy Kyle Show during the day!

Last night then it was decided enough was enough and after lounging round the house all day reading the sunday papers, while being treated to Better Half watching Liverpool v Chelsea, Rangers v Hibs & Man Utd v Arsenal...(I was asleep by then, 6 hours of football can do that to me!) we decided to head out for dinner.

Normally this would involve nothing more than a trip to Ratho to the local Pub/Restaurant a mere mile or two away but given my imprisonment of late I was for heading out the comfort zone so it was washed, changed and off to the Hard Rock in George Street.

The order was what it always was, we're highly predictable whenever we head to a Hard Rock whether it's in Edinburgh, New York, Minneapolis or Orlando...same order everytime! So we gorged ourselves on Nacho's, Chicken Fajita's and Strawberry Daiquiri's while the kids had the usual Cheesy Mac & Fries (Jake) and Cheese Toastie & Fries (Chloe).

I was just chuffed to be out but filling my face with good grub while sipping my drink through a straw watching Billy Idol on the plasma made it all the more good!

Jenny xx

1 comment:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

and instead of chatting - you watched the telly.....

Glad you r mending
Now maybe we'll get some more regular news....

Salagatle!