Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Timing Is Never Right...

There is never a good time to lose a loved one. The moment is never right but it is especially hard to lose someone just a few days before Christmas. For the last 2 years I have stood at Gravesides over the festive season and sadly this year will be the same.

One of the regulars at the club, a lovely man named Willie McNair sadly passed away a few days ago. His death is a real shock as he always seemed so full of life...but I know only too well that the grim reaper likes to use the element of surprise. Willie will be sadly missed around the place, he always had a smile for you and a word to say and was involved in so many of the clubs social activities.

So again this year I will be at a funeral over the festivities...it's becoming a tradition in our house and one I'd like to break as fast as possible.

So while I am enjoying the company of freinds and family tomorrow I will be sparing a thought for Willie's wife Ann and his children and grandchildren. All they will want from Santa is the one thing they can't have...I know the feeling as I still only want one thing from Santa myself that I know I can't have.

Jenny xx

No comments: