Tuesday, June 07, 2005

How The Hell?

As you'll know I am Mum to 4 year old and 8 year old, this can be tricky at the best of times but at this time of year it's just a bloody nightmare.

Normally I am a working Mum, out of need not greed, but this year I am not. Thank God!! How any parent is supposed to hold down a job at this time of year is beyond me! How the hell I've managed it in previous years is a mystery.

The reason for my disbelief is this...it's June and the end of term is fast approaching.

In the run up to the end of term, there is in my diary the following:

Nursery Sports Day, School Sports Day, Pre-School Health Checks, Pre-School Immunisations, Primary One Induction Day, Primary One Cirriculum Day, Leaving Nursery Assessment Day, Moving To School Leaving Day, End Of term Assembly.

Any parent will tell you...missing sports day is an unforgivable, punishible crime that will leave your child mentally scarred and will make other parents talk about you.

In a normal year when I am working that little list of "must do's" would have accounted to 6 days off work! Christ!

Of course us Mum's need to deal with these things and we do. I wonder though how many Dad's will be at sports day and taking time off to attend all these other "really need to go" events????

Still at least it'll soon be over...2 and a half weeks till the end of term.

And then 7 weeks holidays. Fucking fantastic.

Jenny xx

No comments: