Wednesday, July 27, 2005

How Hard Can It Be?

I've never been one of those women who desperately wanted to have a blossoming career. I've never had huge ambitions I felt a desire to fill workwise. I wanted to be an air hostess as a little girl, mistakenly thinking it was glamorous and latterly towards my teens I wanted to be a journalist perhaps moving to tv and reading the news! Something happened to change that though and that thing was fate...Fate intervened and instead of pursuing University I ended up taking time out after school and found myself a year later working in a plastic factory! Of course had I not followed this route I would never have met my future Husband nor had my Daughter. Obviously, Husband is now ex-husband but shit happens! I am a firm believer in fate and trust my belief that if something is meant to be it will be, if not then it ain't gonna happen. Maybe this is why I never really have regrets about anything.

Despite the slight change in plans over the years (slight change? top tv journalist to Mum of two and part-time Barmaid!) I still have one ambition which has stayed with me since I was about 9 years old. I would love to write a book.

I wonder how many other thousands of people have that ambition in them? I was a big reader as a child, always had my nose in a book and things haven't changed any. If I get some free time I can always be found curled up on the sofa or in the garden with a book in hand. I haven't pledged alligance to any particular genre either. I will read almost anything and everything perhaps with the exception of sci-fi which I'm not too keen on and I may have a bit of a leaning towards biographies but only because I'm nosy!

I loved English at school and enjoyed all the book reports that everyone else hated! I even enjoyed studying Shakespeare. I think I am the only person I know who actually looked forward to their higher English!

So with one amibition I would indeed like to fullfill I find myself wondering, how hard can it be?

I have given the matter some thought over the years and have come up with a few ideas but they're just not right...yet. Maybe one day I'll get the right idea for a story and the rest will flow naturally. Aye right, not likely! They do say that you should write about what you know though and witha life and family like mine I reckon there's a book in there somewhere!

So watch this space and who knows one day I may just be telling you I've written a book!

Jenny xx

1 comment:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Ain't it horrible how fate fucks everything up? I suppose we all have dreams to be someone in particular one day (mine was an architect, but I've been in IT for 25yrs), but life and fate get in the way, and very little turns out as we had hoped.

As Ross often says, "Selah"...