Thursday, August 17, 2006

Guitar Greats...

Last night there was a wee online discussion about the greatest guitar solos ever on Kickback.

Liking my music somewhat it was right up my street. The good and great were all mentioned (Hendrix, Paige, Gilmour, Clapton, Slash, BB King etc) as well as a few I hadn't listened to before (Stevie Ray Vaughan, Dimebag Darrel - Pantera, Kirk Hammet - Metallica, Joe Satriani) which I've since been busy dowloading! There was also a few surprising one's mentioned...song choices that is not guitarists...like the one at the bottom of my list and Europes Final Countdown!

So here's a few of my favourites in no order at all....(song title, artist, guitarist & album)

Sweet Child O Mine - Guns N Roses - Slash - Appetite For Destruction
November Rain - Guns N Roses - Slash - Use Your Illusion 1
Hotel California - The Eagles - Felder/Walsh - Hotel California
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne - Randy Rhoads - Blizzard Of Oz
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles - Eric Clapton - The White Album
All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
Layla - Derek & The Dominoes - Clapton/Allman - Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs
Parisenne Walkways - Gary Moore - Parisenne Walkways - The Blues Collection
Brothers In Arms - Dire Straits - Mark Knopfler - Brothers In Arms
Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin - Jimmy Paige - Led Zeppelin iv
Walk This Way - Run DMC & Aerosmith - Joe Perry - Big Ones
Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin - Jimmy Paige - Led Zeppelin ii
Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry - Chuck Berry On Top
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd - Dave Gilmour - The Wall
Smooth - Carlos Santana & Rob Thomas - Carlos Santana - Supernatural
And oddly...
Beat It - Michael Jackson - Eddie Van Halen - Thriller (I know this seems a dodgy choice but Eddie let's rip about 2 mins into it!).

There were also a few mentions for Neil Young & Jeff Beck...whom I have never listened too much to Geoff's disbelief and hilarity! I take it their stuff's well known then??!!

Anyway a few of my favourites made it onto the top 100 of all time which you can see for yourself by clicking here.

Jenny xx

No comments: