Thursday, August 24, 2006

I Think I'm Ready To Be A Granny...

I went to see baby Kara today. She's now almost 3 months and totally gorgeous.

However surprisingly I didn't get broody while having a wee hold. Normally the sight of a wee baby like that is enough to set my hormones off but they remained rooted today.

I cooed over her, spoke in that silly way you do to a baby, made her smile and rocked her for a bit. Then she started crying and I felt an overwhelming satisfaction that you get when you know you can hand them back!

Grannies are always good at saying that... "Aye their lovely but it's nice to able to give them back".

So I appear to be ready for Grannyhood and beyond New Motherhood. Fuck I'm getting old! Of course Grannyhood better be a damn long way off yet, like another 15 years or so or there will be trouble I can tell you!

Jenny xx

5 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

I think you need your "big fucking stick" to keep the boys at bay, not Russian referees.... :-)

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

As for granny hood, if you were in Africa, at 40 years old you would be a great gran.....

Salagatle!

Divemaster GranDad said...

As a 40yr old granny, I might be forced to have a crack at her myself.... :-)

jenny said...

I'm not worried so much about my daughter...but there will be bloodshed if I have some tart on my doorstep telling me son's knocked her up!

Anyway 9 year old has been told Daddy's got a gun!

And what exactly does your last comment mean Mr D!!??

Divemaster GranDad said...

Sorry..."forced" may not have been appropriate..."tempted" sounds better :-)