Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Timing Was Just Wrong...

So we headed out to Asda (British version of Wal-Mart to you Usa readers!) this evening to do a food shop. Nothing unusual in that as Asda's has always been my food shop outlet of choice, however, tonight we had been to visit friends in Edinburgh and then dropped in on Mum, who decided she needed milk and was tagging along, so we had gone to the one at Chesser rather than our own one out in Livingston.

We get round with trolley filling it with the necessary items and a few bits from the clothing department...black school skirt for madam, yes it's early to be buying the back to school stuff but any Mum will tell you black skirts are a bitch to get in the right size so it's grab 'em while you can and a pair of trainers for he who will soon be 6...because despite buying him a pair only 4 days ago they are fucked, toes hanging out and all because my son refuses point blank to use the brakes on his bike and prefers the toes of his trainers instead, the swine! Anyhow back to the matter in hand...

So we pay for the shopping and are waiting for Mum who has been conned by said children into buying them a happy meal from McDonald's in Asda when all of a sudden I turn round to see an old face from BBC heading in my direction. It's Shirley.

Shirley was until about 6 weeks ago the assistant manager behind the bar and a woman known for her bad temper and bad manners. Her daughter Linda, another ex-BBC employee, is with her and they stop to chat. After the niceties of "how are you" are dealt with Shirley begins showing me her leg and telling me all about her recent trials and tribulations of breaking it. As she's doing so we begin walking towards the car park. Shirley's still hobbling, I'm listening to her story and we all head out of the shop and stand for a couple of minutes still chatting...or rather I'm still listening...then it's "nice seeing you again" and we head our separate ways. She heads to her car and I go to mine. A minute later we're driving out the car park, Shirley and Linda in the car behind ours, when who should be driving into the car park but the bar manager and the man at the centre of my current issues.

I was gutted. I mean if only the timing had been a few minutes different. He'd have gotten out his car to find 3 former employees he'd rather not see again standing together chatting. Now I'm not Shirley's biggest fan by any means but the fact that it would have been her, Linda and I standing there together would have been priceless! He'd have had to go right past us to get in. How could he have avoided speaking to us? Would he have put his eyes to the floor and hoped to sneak past? Not likely as I would put money on either Shirley or Linda stopping him as he passed. What could he have said to me given the current scenario? Not the sarcastic comment I'd usually have gotten, not with Geoff standing there. The awkwardness of it for him would have been cracking! Sadly though the gods deemed it not to be and fate fucked up the timing. Typical!

And no I've still heard nothing from him work wise!

Jenny xx

2 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Fucked by the fickle finger of fate...

Or not, as the case may be...would have made for a really good read, though...

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

From my point of view, you have nothing to say to that despicable scum bag.
So, nothing missed....

Salagatle!