Monday, April 04, 2005

I Just Don't Get It....

So the Pope has died. Hundreds of thousands of catholics will be making the pilgramage to Rome and The Vatican. Countries have declared nation periods of mourning, world leaders are preparing to attend the funeral later this week.

I just don't get it myself.

Don't get me wrong it's not that I'm anti Catholic...not at all...indeed many of my own family are catholic but I don't get all the fuss. Yes so the Pope was a "leader" of the Cathoic faith, but he was also a bigoted, backwards thinking, sexist, fascist who, through his refusal to drag the Catholic church into the 21st century has done nothing to help it's reputation or cause.

Catholics need a fun guy in charge...and I mean that most respectfully! Let's think about it Catholisism is a fun religion. After all it is a religion which preaches of sinners and sinning and compells us to believe that nearly everything in life is a sin of some sort...but then if you do sin just tell all to your priest, say a few prayers and hey presto your forgiven...so to recap you can do anything you want but if you're sorry it's cool. Now that is fun!!! Also where else can you get a drink at 10 am on a sunday morning??? So it's fake wine...the principle is there though eh? Another thing we should note is that Catholisism is the national religion in Ireland..and we all know those guys like a party...they're among the most hospitable and friendly people in the world. So I'm of the opinion that Catholisism could be great if we could get the right leader in place. After all who wouldn't want to be in a gang where they have rules that are there to be broken??

On a more serious note....I sincerely hope the new Pope will have knowledge of the words condom and abortion and will realise how both can be used in a good way to benefit people.

Whatever you're preference...Have a nice day!!!!

Jenny xx

No comments: